Inside This Issue
Jonathan Scoffield, Director of Marketing at Greencore Food-to-Go, delivered some fascinating insights into the sandwich industry and the challenges it faces, in a key address at the BSA’s recent AGM.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Greggs is targeting the food-to-go sector, where it has “underperformed,” in a bid to stem further losses in profits and market share.
- Harris + Hoole believes it has found a gap in the crowded UK coffee shop market by offering both high-quality coffee and similarly excellent food-to-go, with local supplier input. Simon Ambrose talks to founder Nick Tolley and Hannah Saunders, head of food.
- Former M&S food on the move buyer Andrew Sherick has thrown up the security of what must be one of the best jobs in the business to launch his own premium, indulgent milk shakes company. He talks here to Simon Ambrose about moving to ‘the other side of the table.’
- Tesco’s partnership with Euphorium Bakery appears to be really paying off, with a fantastic food to go offer that’s imposing a new benchmark for the industry. Juliet Shield went along to find out for herself.
- Jonathan Scoffield, Director of Marketing at Greencore Food-to-Go, delivered some fascinating insights into the sandwich industry and the challenges it faces, in a key address at the BSA’s recent AGM.
- Food Service Centre - the Somerset-based market leader in creating and managing private label, ready to eat food solutions – has been breaking new ground in Central and Eastern Europe to support an existing customer looking to revamp its food offering across these emerging markets. FSC Managing Director, James Simpson reveals some of the challenges faced by the company.
A Day In The Life...
- Marketing manager Grace Allwright is based in Brighton at the UK offices of event organiser Diversified Business Communications. Under her leadership, lunch!, the UK’s leading trade show for the food-to-go market, won Best Marketing Campaign of the Year at the Association of Event Organisers’ Awards in 2012. This year’s lunch! returns to the Business Design Centre in Islington, London, on 26-27 September.
- lunch! Show