Inside This Issue
We talk about about how the make-up of your chiller cabinet is going to be changing fast over the next few years, and Chester sandwich bar owner Dave Roach talks about his next move.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Sandwich manufacturer PJ’s Foods has won 90% of the Scottish NHS regions business following the latest tendering process, with a total expected value in the region of £6m.
- Joe & The Juice was started ten years ago by Kasper Basse in Denmark. It’s a modern bright funky place, which by attracting droves of young Danes, has now successfully grown to over twenty stores just in Denmark, with three opening in Hamburg shortly, one due in Stockholm, and now four open in London. Nellie Nichols paid a call.
- Two years after opening a new Chester sandwich bar, Dave Roach has built up a flourishing business, and is starting to think about his next move.
- Northern Ireland’s second largest sandwich chain, The Sandwich Company,’ is still going strong after after 21 years, surviving both recession and civil conflict.
- The 4th Earl of Sandwich would undoubtedly be astonished at the way the UK sandwich has evolved to include new formats such as wraps, panini and bagels from around the world … and that’s just the start of it. Simon Ambrose reports on new global sandwich trends.
Day In The Life Of...
- Christian Binney joined TMI Foods, the Northampton-based cooked ingredients company, as Head of Food Innovation last autumn, from Honeytop Speciality Foods in Dunstable.
- Alan Rosenthal, chef-founder of stewed!, a range of premium one-pot meals, reflects on recent changes in the food to go industry, as he prepares to launch his first retail kiosk.
- From new South American fruit drink flavours to Coconut Water, the make-up of your drinks chiller cabinet is going to be changing fast over the next few years.