Inside This Issue
Greencore sandwich developer Saumaya El Kroni talks about her inspiration for creating the winning sandwich at this years Sandwich Designer competition.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Dan Schickentanz, the respected artisan baker and owner of two DeGustibus sandwich bars in London, looks at the changing fortunes of quality bread and the role of consumer power.
- The Earl of Sandwich could be looking at "a big pot of gold" with his new London sandwich bar, if some of the initial teething troucles are sorted out, says Nellie Nichols.
British Sandwich Week
- British Sandwich Week saw a massive media publicity campaign and a variety of activities around the country.
Sandwich Designer of the Year
- Greencore sandwich developer Sumaya El Kroni drew heavily on Morroccan influences to come up with her winning sandwich.
- All the results from the Awards Dinner.
- Cost rather than welfare considerations tend to be at the forefront of consumer choice, reflects Derby sandwich bar independent Sally Curme.
Day in the Life
- Chris Brazier is the event manager for lunch!, the UK's only dedicated trade show for the quality lunchtime food-to-go market, taking place at London's Old Billingsgate on 29-30 September.