Inside This Issue
We talk to former Moulin Rouge, Paris, dancer Ben Sibbald about his new sandwich bar in Bath. Sally Curme reflects on the common delusions of grandeur involved in running a sandwich bar.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- The London Handmade Sandwich Company Ltd has.
been bought out of administration by Jarvis Foods 2 Go Ltd, a new company formed by Charles Jarvis Fine Foods Ltd, for an undisclosed sum.
- Sandwich and coffee chain EAT has been acquired by private equity company Lyceum Capital. The move could see its UK sandwich and coffee shops growing from the current 110 locations to over 300.
- After a successful career as a dancer at the Moulin Rouge, Paris, Ben Sibbald decided to try something a little different: running a sandwich bar in Bath! The end result, Made by Ben, is now one of the best and individual enterprises in the area.
- Pret has announced new openings for its new concept, Coffee Pret Kitchen, aimed at giving the sandwich chain access to smaller towns. But Nellie Nichols has some misgivings about the food range and the shop design.
- Selecting sandwich ingredients can be a daunting decision for any operator, with so many to choose from. So how does an international giant like Upper Crust fare? Here Steve MacDavid, UK brand director for the global SSP baguette chain, gives some insights.
- Derby independent Sally Curme reflects on the common delusions of grandeur involved in running a sandwich bar.
- The early ‘80’s proved to be an extraordinary time for sandwich manufacturing entrepreneurs as ‘sandwich fever’ started to sweep the country. We are now fortunate in being able to bring you Jesper Toft’s story, one of the key manufacturers of the period.
Day in the Life
- Sally Little, account manager for Planglow, the food to go labelling and packaging specialist, based in Bristol.