In This Issue
We take a look at Dave Hackett, a Witney based entrepeneur who is opening new bars/delis with the aim of establishing a franchise operation. Sutherlands Sandwich Surgery offers advice on a range of different areas and issues.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Border Agency officers have raided another sandwich factory, the latest - MD Foods and SSS4U Ltd. in North Feltham, London.
- SSP UK’s en-route food offer has been transformed in recent years, with Hannah Saunders at the heart of its new development team. She talks to Simon Ambrose.
- Salad and sandwich bars have multiplied in recent years, buoyed up by the surge in healthy and light eating. Tossed is up there with the most successful. Nellie Nichols went to visit the founder Vincent McKeritt, BS (Batchelor of Salad), with his seventh unit about to open.
Sandwich Bar Profiles
- Witney entrepreneur Dave Hackett already runs a 3,000 sq ft café business. In spite of the recession and problems caused by the serious snow, he’s now opened a new sandwich bar/deli in the town with the aim of establishing a franchise operation. Simon Ambrose paid a call.
- Japanese and Indonesian husband and wife team Reiko and Iwan Sasaki are building a growing reputation for one of the best sandwich bar offerings in the UK.
- Sutherlands Sandwich Surgery: your questions answered by our sandwich bar expert.
- What to do if your sandwich bar is due for a rent review.
- WRAP targets sandwich manufacturers with new packaging and waste research.