Inside This Issue
British Sandwich Week generated a huge number of online articles and blogs this year (158,000) and around 7,000,000 Twitter interactions, probably the best response the British Sandwich Association has ever had.
- Convenience store symbol trader Best-one is to launch a new food to go-focused format this summer at a trial store in Clapham. The group is also in the process of adding food to go sections in around 30 existing stores.
- Asda has launched a new Greencore-manufactured grab & go lunch range with 40 new salads, grab boxes, wraps and snacks, ranging between £1 and £3.
- Pret certainly seems to have the Midas touch at the moment, with record financial results, but also a remarkable ability to get ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation.
- Mimosa Herne Hill offers fantastic, deli-style food to go. Simon Ambrose talks to director Ashley Davies.
- Dobbies has big plans for new food to go outlets within its 34-strong garden centre chain. Simon Ambrose talks to Costas Constantinou, recently appointed Head of Restaurants.
- Aprés Food represents a new breed of café and food to go outlet, with Catherine Sharman’s nutritional therapy training making this the healthiest alternative yet.