In This Issue
Nelle Nichols checks out Pickle & Rye, and Food-to-go packaging company Colpac celebrates its 75th anniversary this year.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Fresh! Naturally Organic, the organic sandwich manufacturer that included Boots, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and other multiple retailers amongst its customers, has gone into liquidation.
- Hain Celestial has signed a "letter of intent" to transfer its Luton-based sandwich manufacturing company Daily Bread to an unnamed "strategic buyer". The deal is expected to be completed later this month.
- Cook & Garcia, a new upmarket sandwich bar and deli, has opened in Richmond High Street, London.
- Nellie Nichols checks out Pickle & Rye, purveyors of authentic American sandwiches.
- A recent gold independent sandwich bar winner at The Sammies, Pardoe & Wood is without doubt one of the best operations in the UK. Simon Ambrose talks here to Jennifer Pardoe, as the business gears up for new investment and a roll-out to 20 shops in the next three years.
- Al desco breakfast and sandwich-lunch delivery service has become one of London’s top movable corporate suppliers in under three years, despite setting up in late 2009 when the financial crisis first began to take hold.
- Food-to-go packaging company Colpac celebrates its 75th anniversary this year, a remarkable achievement in such a competitive environment. Neil Goldman, managing director and son of the founder, talks here to Simon Ambrose.
Lunch! Show Profile
- Yes, it’s that time of year again! We preview some of the new offerings to be unveiled at the lunch! show and talk to event manager Chris Brazier.