Inside This Issue
Mark Arnold talks about developing a relaunched panini range for Cafe Nero, and we take a look at Sally's Sandwich Bar in Derby.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Pret has launched a new concept café, Natural Kitchen, with a slimmed-down menu and a format aimed at smaller country towns. The move is clearly aimed at increasing their penetration nationwide with a model that is suited to smaller high street shops and reduces labour costs with less staff involved.
- New international sandwich concepts are arriving thick and fast in London, now surely the sandwich capital of the world. Nellie Nichols chases up one of the recent arrivals - the Argentinian Lomito, at the recently opened Moo Grill in Spitalfields.
- The Crown Group’s new sandwich bar and café concept Feed, with the first unit up and running in Brighton, is already expanding with a new pod format in Cambridge. This is an operation to be watched closely, says Simon Ambrose.
- Sally’s Sandwich Bar, Derby, a thriving shop on a former post office site, where the occasional customer still wants a stamp from time to time.
- The Sammies and British Sandwich Designer of the Year competition – yes, it’s that time again to enter for the most prestigious awards in the industry.
- Mark Arnold on developing a relaunched panini range for Caffè Nero. The key theme has been more 'Italianess.'