In This Issue
We take a look at Truly Scrumptious in the Forest of Dean. Investigate how Subway, Pret and EAT have expanded during the recession and visit the fast-expanding juice and sandwich bar.
International Sandwich and Snack News magazine is the official journal of the British Sandwich Association (BSA), the UK body representing Sandwich makers, suppliers and retailers.
The magazine is published six times a year and distributed to retail buyers, caterers, sandwich bars and associated businesses in the industry.
- Subway, Pret and EAT have expanded during the recession.
- A Norwich woman has set up a sandwich delivery business after being made redundant three times in 18 months with the help of Norfolk Training Services.
Around The Trade
- Cranks launch a new value-end sandwich range.
- Nellie Nichols visits Crussh, the fast expanding juice and sandwich bar.
Independent Sandwich Bar Profile
- Simon Ambrose visits Truly Scrumptious, a sandwich bar in the Forest of Dean.
- It’s time to think about your application for the prestigious Sammies Awards.
- Unwary sandwich manufacturers making unsubstantiated health and nutrition claims could fall foul of new EU legislation, warns Campden BRI’s John Hammond.
Day in the Life
- Left-field milkshake company Shaken Udder built up a reputation for its new breed of real fruit milkshakes with no artificial flavours or colours at music festivals around the country, before moving into the multiple and independent retail sectors. This is a day in the life of cofounder Jodie Farran.